Friday, January 15, 2016

Jake & Kitty and Jake's Uncle say "Thanks A Bunch!"


This morning I logged in over at Facebook ...
I can go days (maybe even weeks) without visiting Facebook or I can find myself visiting there daily or even more than once a day.  ** sigh **  What a VAMPIRE of time.  LOL!
Well, I ended up visiting the pages of FB Friends that I have not gotten posts from recently thanks to Facebook's algorithms that make no sense to me ... one of the pages I visited was https://www.facebook.com/drphilscraps/
Dr. Phil's "scraps" page features his Close To My Heart business.  There I found out about his giveaway of a free stamp -- today is the deadline.  Make a card or item using Close to My Heart products, put it on your blog, mention him and then send him the post's internet address along with my snail mail address ... so here I am ... [Just a little bit more about Dr. Phil -- he is creative, a musician, a true "doctor " (PhD) and also knows a lot about DoTerra oils ... pay him a visit!]

We moved recently and most of the stuff is STILL in boxes and the unboxing is not really planned as we have not resolved the storage issues of moving from a house to a trailer ...
I thought I had two of my CTMH sets of stamps nearby -- I just love the paisley set and use it as often as I can, even if only to decorate envelopes using a light color of stamping ink.  And the Uniquely You set (which is actually titled "A Flowering Bunch" S1306) that was a Stamp of the Month set a couple of years ago.

Couldn't locate the paisleys (bummer) and sat down with the A Flowering Bunch set to make a card.  There are 7 birthdays on my list for January and I am already late on three of them ** sigh **!  I thought I would be making a birthday card ...

Instead, I ended up with this Thank You card.  Once I got to work, I decided I really liked that sentiment stamp in the set and had to use it.  What else did I use to make this easy card?

Well, like I said, most of my supplies are packed in boxes and I have no idea when they will get unpacked ... so I have to use what I can find.  For some reason, a packet of expired Close To My Heart catalogs sits nearby.  I had been looking through one of the catalogs for card inspirations a couple of days ago -- you know, ideas for those 7 birthday cards ... and decided I would treat it like it was a magazine.  So I hope that what I did is not some kind of infringement of copyright ... I often chop up magazines to use the images in some project ...

I found a delightful page where the artist had used either a punch or the Cricut to cut out lots and lots of butterflies in the colors of CTMH cardstocks, made a mobile of them and this was an out-of-focus background on one the pages of the catalog.  From this I have die cut some circles and used them in the background of a couple of cards so far.

The stem is stamped direct to the panel using CTMH "Pear" ink;  I gently bent the polymer stamp before I put it on the acrylic stamping block so the green of the stem would not overlap the same green used for the sentiment.  For the Flower, I used a mini mister from Close to My Heart that I filled 3/4 with water and added three or four drops of CTMH "Cotton Candy" reinker to;  spritzed it on white cardstock and then stamped the tulip image using CTMH "Hollyhock" stamping ink.

Dr Phil announced at his FB Page and in his blog that CTMH now carries some dies that coordinate with sets.  WOO HOO!  Love that!  There is one set that looks really useful -- a floral and the die set also includes dies for the flowers and some of the leaves in the stamps set ...  ** wiggles eyebrows **  These are on my wish list for sure!
However, the circle die I used today is from a Hero Arts "My Monthly Hero" kit from November 2015.  That is the best info I can give you on that set -- there is no name on the packaging for the stamp set or the coordinating dies!  DUH-mb!  (oops -- did I really say that??)  The "Circle" however is really an ornament or terrarium or ... I cut off the curlicue at the top to make it a circle.

And the card itself is one of Cheap Joe's card sets -- this one is watercolor paper and comes with watercolor panels -- so you can paint on the panel and if you mess it up, you can flip the panel, use the other side and not mess up the card itself.  Usually, for stamped cards, I use Strathmore photo-mount cards that have an embossed design on front with an area just large enough for a 4"x6" photo or card front/panel.  Like I said, lots of supplies are still in the cardboard boxes ... so I used the cards I could find.  I like these deckle-edged cards from Cheap Joe's -- the Cheap Joe's Goof-Proof Blank Greeting Cards are great!

It is an easy card to make and perhaps will find itself being made again ... or as close as I can get to "CASE"ing myself!  (C.A.S.E. comes from the crafter's lexicon meaning "Copy And Steal Everything" -- I treat it more like "Take Inspiration From This" because I find it hard to copy / duplicate even things I have stamped or made!  LOL!

Check out Dr. Phil Scraps over at Facebook, at his blog (http://drphilscraps.com) and shop with him at http://drphil.ctmh.com

And have a wonderful time being creative!







No comments:

Post a Comment