Friday, January 15, 2016

Another Card ... presented by Kitty & Jake





Jake and Kitty thought you might enjoy seeing this card that is on my desk waiting for me to get the wording right inside and then get it into an envelope and sent off -- it is already late and getting later.  UGH!

However, when I found out that Star Wars characters might be "acceptable" on a card for young boy, I quickly dug out a couple of WalMart ads that I had grabbed just before Christmas but still had laying around here last weekend ... and surely there was a spread of Star Wars toys.  Yoda is holding a light saber, of course, but ...

Years ago I used to use a batik design set of Stampin' Up! stamps to "all-over" stamp a bit of card stock that I would then color with colored pencils or markers  in an ombre / variegated way -- that is start with one color in the middle and then color the next color so they edges overlapped until the rectangle is filled in.  Then cut the card stock into candles.  As I wrote in the previous post -- most of my supplies are still in cardboard boxes from our recent move -- and I don't know when things will get unpacked.  ** sigh **

Not too long ago I saw a YouTube video showcasing the MISTI (I'll write a post about that real soon, I hope) and then I found out about a way to "make your own" MISTI ... watched that video and decided to try .  When I ordered the supplies, I also got a set of stamps and used these to decorate the card stock rectangle I used to make my candles.  The blue and green colored pencils I used to color the candles does not show up well in the photo of the card.

The set of stamps I used can be gotten through Crafters' Companion (click on link in right column).  It is Set 7 from Stamp-It Australia, called Imagine

The moon (or whatever you want to call the circle behind Yoda) was colored in with eye shadows in dark tones and a small touch of a blue Stampin' Up! chalk (sorry, I don't know which color it is -- it is from a set I got a few years back of the "new" colors at that time ...).  I used a spritz of homemade "spritz" on the card itself -- green might not have been the best choice but it does work.  Basically, the homemade spritz is a mini mister (the ones I am currently using are from Close to My Heart) 3/4 filled with water and then colored with drops of reinker.  The green was a mix of OLD Stampin' Up reinkers -- as in "old" from maybe 12 years ago or so back ...

I had put "Happy Birthday" (hand drawn) inside but then hubby said it should sound like Yoda is saying it.  ** sigh **  Trying to figure out best Yoda-sounding way to convey belated birthday wishes then get it mailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment