Friday, February 26, 2016

ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY -- Village

Rarely do I open up the weekly email announcing the week's theme for Illustration Friday ... for a while now, the themes have been vague and not concrete enough for me deal with.  I used to gladly and happily and gleefully think out abstract concepts to find fun and interesting ways to "illustrate" them (usually, though, in the past I've done that through words not through art ...) ... Lately, I get overwhelmed by the whole idea of disentangling abstract concepts into something I can illustrate visually.

This week's theme was an easy one -- one I will play with all week, I think!  :D

VILLAGE

My old doodle style that I thought I would use is really a City -- not really appropriate.  I'll "do" City another time.

Here is my quickie-doodle for the theme, Village --


There was this piece of "scratch cardstock" on my desk and a dark Flair pen ... and a box of 24 Prismacolor Premiere colored pencils nearby ... and the Flip-Pal to scan it.

Eh, so it is a doodle and not a real illustration or piece of artwork.  Yet, that is the beauty of the Internet -- I used to think I should post only "perfect" pieces.  Then I began to travel around YouTube and various Facebook pages and even blogs AND discovered "Fearless Sharers" -- people who share what they do without fear;  I decided I wanted to be among them.  LOL!

To get involved, visit Illustration Friday -- be sure to sign up for their newsletter so you can get the weekly theme emailed to you.

Let me know if you join in this week and post your submission to Illustration Friday -- so I can go visit your work to give ya a bit of artistic love in return.  Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment