Saturday, April 1, 2017

2017 A-to-Z Blogging Challenge



I can't believe an entire year has gone by but then again --
lots has happened in that time ...

--> The day after the challenge finished last year, I started having major problems with the laptop -- a refurbished desktop was purchased to replace it, it arrived but is not set up yet ... **sigh**
Hubby did not want to set it up until he had a cabinet to store it in to keep the cats from "having fun" with it.  Got the cabinet at Goodwill a few days ago but we have not had an opportunity to clean out the area where it will go, disconnect all the peripherals and re-set up everything ... including finding and recording license numbers for software, saving bookmarks and favorites for the web browsers ... it is going to be "fun" getting up and running again ... probably have to purchase new of a couple of my constant go-to software programs **sigh again**  BTW, the link to Panstoria digi-scrap software is no longer valid;  they sold out to a cloud storage company -- this is one of the software programs I will need to replace -- and when I do, I will become one of their "Ambassadors" to be able to make a commission on it when someone else wants to use this awesome program -- plus, by becoming an Ambassodor (for slightly more than just buying the program), I get some "free" 'art kits' as well, making it a good financial deal for me.)
[I know Goodwill is seen to be controversial -- here in Wisconsin, the prices are outrageous and almost cheaper to go to Walmart and buy new.   But in Minnesota, where hubby works, they are associated with Easter Seals and prices are more in line with being a thrift / re-use-it shop; and actually do some good.]

-->  I have had some medical issues, which to some people might be considered minor but have kept me from signing up for the challenge or even planning ahead for this year's -- last year, I was able to set up each post and schedule it to pop into place on the right day and keep working on it as I had a chance up until it "went live," as they say.  Just got started yesterday, (March 31)
Hubby has had some medical issues too, including a bad back that hurts him a lot because two vertebrae have decided to entangle themselves -- Physical Therapy helps but, I think we missed his appointment yesterday afternoon due to my visit to eye doctor and then to Urgent Care to have some blisters on my back diagnosed -- shingles, as I feared.  :(

-->  Continuing medical issues may hinder or hamper my efforts along with switching over to a new computer during this month, but we will see what happens.

-->  Just a warning, I have no idea for a theme for this year -- every day will be a surprise for us all.  **grin**

-->  I joined and left Fun Stampers Journey rubber stamping direct sales company since i last posted here (I did post at one of my other blogs -  a few projects using their products).  And three months ago, I joined Close To my Heart, another rubber stamping and scrapbooking direct sales company.  I may occasionally highlight a project or item from the catalog but, I may also share some projects or products from other companies.  We'll see.

-->  I have been watching YouTube a lot lately and for a long time have had no inspiration or oomph to actually do anything.  Partly because of the planned computer switch and things got moved out of the workspace to make room for the computer and cabinet -- I have no idea where some of the supplies are and being unwilling to buy new ... well, I am so inspired, I will be buying some new stuff soon (like inexpensive deli paper) and then will go absolutely hog wild to the point where the computer may get completely ignored (except to turn on and off what ever audiobook I happen to be listening to that day).

-->  Having mentioned YouTube, I must admit I find one channel most inspiring and will probably share her videos with you if I find one that fits the day.  And if my brain kicks into gear again, I may try to make and share "word search puzzles" instead of just a list of fun words like I did last year.

I hope you will visit often and leave comments, so I know what I should change on these challenge posts.  THANKS! 

Oh, I better warn you -- if you go to the Blogging Challenge webpage, there is no list of this year's participants -- last year's list is still there and may be a place to try to find this year's players.  I don't know of other participants yet but if I find out anyone I know is participating, I will let you know in one of the future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment