Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J is for ...







Today is ...


* D.E.A.R. Day -- Drop Everything and Read (what are you reading today?)
* Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
* National Be Kind to Lawyers Day
* National Licorice Day


Baker's Dozen Plus ...
  1. jump
  2. join
  3. jumble
  4. jute
  5. jungle
  6. jangle
  7. jingle
  8. juniper
  9. judge
  10. junk
  11. joint
  12. joist
  13. joust
  14. julep
Thank you again to brownielocks.com/april.html for our "Today is ..." info

Since I forgot to include this artist in the post for "C" (his last name starts with a C), to fit him in  A-to-Z I can either find one of his paintings and share it and him in the letter the painting's title starts with OR I can just use his first name:  James.  So I don't forget, I'll just use "J"ames ... (and "Journey" of the Imagination ...)


James Christensen

If you can get a copy of this book of his work, be sure to check out the paintings "Your Plaice or Mine," and the Bird Hunters ... The entire book is wonderful, actually!
I found my copy in the late 1990s at a Barnes & Noble shop in downtown Minneapolis.  And I carried it in my backpack almost everyday when I had open time in my class schedule at the U ... it was inspiration for my own doodle-art and just enjoyable to leaf through casually and to peruse ...  **sigh**
If I ever needed "proof" that I found "Mr. Right" -- he had a copy of the same book on his shelves when we met!  He does not think of himself as an artist but he often thinks like one.  Really, all he needs is a little practice and to watch a few how-to videos at  YouTube and might have to hand over all my supplies and tools to him :-D
We both love photography.  But I switched over to doing "snapshot photography" because he really is a better photographer, or more patient than I when it comes to trying to get it right in the frame of the lens ... I'm willing to crop in my software later ... besides, we often ended up with almost the same shot of the same thing LOL!  Now, he shoots and I scrap ...


And, while here with the letter "J," I will share a page from a friend of mine who does portraits, pet portraits and other paintings from your photo ...
Sherry Jepsen


Of the paintings in the slideshow at her site, my favorite is the photo titled "Ikey with 'Unconditional'" ... we have a few more newer paintings to add to the site but I need to find them on my external drives (which are not yet hooked up to my computer (since our move last autumn!) because we really have not set up a proper desk and office yet ... **sigh** OR have her just send me good photos of them all over again.  Probably easier to have her send me good photos again ...
Call to Action:

There are 5 things you can do to earn a free gift (probably a selection of Color-Your-Own SuseDoodle postcards from a forthcoming collection to be released soon! WOO HOO!)  All five  Call to Action options can be found here -- two can be  answered in the Comments Section here or via the InLinkz section at the end of the post ... I wanted to set the closing date as May 7 but InLinkz would not let  me run a link list for that long ... so the deadline is May 1 ...



No comments:

Post a Comment