Friday, April 22, 2016

S is for ...







The Longest Word in English?








Hubby does not like guacamole but ... this process for making "Stuffed Onion Rings" looks like a fun idea.  When I re-shared this on Facebook, my one sister who does use Facebook (the other can't be bothered (probably not a bad decision since Facebok can be a major Time Vampire) ...) said she thought it looked good but all those calories from deep frying,"ugh!" ... but another friend suggested "could you bake them?"  I think that is a definite possibility ... **eyebrows up and down like Groucho**


Today is ...
Thank you to http://www.brownielocks.com/april.html for the following info: 
*National Jelly Bean Day
*Earth Day


Baker's Dozen Plus for S ...
  1. salamander
  2. salad
  3. sensible
  4. sound
  5. soothe
  6. salmon
  7. scissors
  8. salami
  9. sizzle
  10. snake
  11. snood
  12. senile
  13. sentence
  14. serve
  15. slather
  16. sink
  17. soap
  18. soup
  19. stew
  20. sausage
  21. save
  22. scarlet
  23. shoe
  24. snazzy
  25. snoop
Scan N Cut
There's lots of info about this machine on YouTube.  I normally would not run what is basically an ad for something, but compared to the other electronic cutters out there -- this is the one that seems to make the most sense to me ... one day, one day I may even have one for myself. LOL!

Hubby, who is a mix of German and Scandinavian backgrounds wanted me to have "Scandinavian" as one of my topics under "S" ... hmmm ... this video if over 20minutes long but it is instrumental so it can keep playing while you do something else LOL!  "Scandinavian" is such a huge theme that I decided on some music ... I may find something else to share but this is the "official Scandinavian" share:
Scandinavian ...
^YUM!
(Believe it or not, it is the Swedish Potato Sausage that smells worse!)
Oh, Lutefisk is the ultimate "Oximoron" -- signs outside grocery stores and small local food shops often read "Fresh Lutefisk is here!"  **shudder**
Okay, one video said that Lutefisk is a salt cod that has been soaked and then lye added ... that may be how it is made these days but the original was cod preserved with lye when salt was not available ... **shudder** here is MN and western WI, far too many Lutheran churches have an annual Lutefisk Dinner with either Swedish Meatballs  and / or Swedish Potato Sausage as an alternative.  I dunno, if you can't "convert" people in a normal fashion, do you threaten them with Lutefisk as a preview of Hell?
Hubby says that if you properly soak the lutefisk for 3 to 4 days and drain off and change the water often enough, then serve it baked with a ratio of 1 Tbs of fish to 20 Tbs of butter -- then maybe, just maybe, you can get it to slide down your throat without needing to chew (sort of how I approach raw clams back in NJ ...)
EESH!  How can I forget the "real" Vikings -- the Danes!  I have Danish blood in me somewhere (almost 100 years ago, though ... oops, 200 -- early 1800s my ancestor shows up in US Census records as a crew member on a ship in the port of Philadelphia ...) ... so ...
Well, not so easy to find YouTubes I would like to share about the Danes (since I honestly don't know enough to know what to look for that would be interesting ...) -- however, I recently listened to Salt by Mark Kurlansky and there is a section in there about how the Scandinavians like both Salt & Sugar together ... so, I did find some videos about Black Licorice and Salt ... if you really are interested, search YouTube for Danish Salt & Licorice.




One More --
I cannot resist sharing this.  I am so happy to have found it at YouTube and I remember watching this as a child on PBS.  And I was appalled ... she is the "professional"?  And I was a youngster in 4H learning all about safe knife work in the kitchen ... (this is a long video if you watch the whole thing but the part I remember is around 5 minutes in sort of ...)



Call to Action:
There are 5 things you can do to earn a free gift (probably a selection of Color-Your-Own SuseDoodle postcards from a forthcoming collection to be released soon! WOO HOO!)  All five  Call to Action options can be found here -- two can be  answered in the Comments Section here or via the InLinkz section at the end of the post ... I wanted to set the closing date as May 7 but InLinkz would not let  me run a link list for that long ... so the deadline is May 1 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment