Thursday, April 28, 2016

X is for ...

(Unfortunately, couldn't find anything interesting to put into a
"title graphic" today, so you are"stuck" with this one by me ... sorry ...)




Today is ...
*  Biological Clock Day
*  Poem In Your Pocket Day



Baker's Dozen Plus ...
Well, "X" has just about driven me nuts!  My frustration tolerance level is not high enough to deal with this ... so I decided to go with "Words ending in X" instead of the one obvious x-ray and more words beginning with X ...


1.  Aviatrix
2.  Appendix
3. 

(Right now I hate all things Microsoft (Word in particular) and Blogger ...
At Word, I removed all the spacing and formatting from the list of words ... copied / pasted that list here and get a right mess of excess spacing and an inability to put the 3rd word next to the number 3 ... I am so glad the A-to-Z is almost finished!  And that I started early and figured out the "schedule a post" feature -- or there would not be an entry for X at all ... However, I had lots of problems with "U" behaving in terms of excess spacing all over the page and lost patience with Blogger completely at that point ... almost quit then and there.  **sigh** so -- today is short and boring -- some words (not sure how many) and a couple of "today is" and one not-related-to-X YouTube ...)












Snuffbox












Has absolutely nothing to do with "X" or today's "Today is ..."
but over at FB there was a post about making a making a Classic Rock Mix Tape and asked for a favorite song to be added ...
Well, when my brother headed off to college, somehow I ended up with quite a few of his LPs and 45s ... "rock" of the 60s -- I think this "hand-me-down" collection of vinyl may have included some stuff from one of my sisters too, but I'm not really sure which stuff came from which one ...) including Santana, Chicago, Moody Blues and Emerson, Lake & Palmer ... and one LP of King Crimson ... I think I may have almost run the grooves for this song right on through the LP.  Probably good it was made of vinyl and not the old wax or it would have given up its ghost far too soon ... (Yes, I am far too young to have lived in the age of "wax" records except Mom had a collection of wax classical music LPs that I loved too -- I was a weird little kid with a 45 of Snoopy and the Red Baron and another pile of hand-me-down 75s in orange vinyl of things like the "Riders in the Sky" with the Sons of the Pioneers and some Disney stuff (I think) ... Later, my 45 collection included awful stuff of my own High School years like "Muskrat Love" **shudder** oh the horrors!  But to this day, I love King Crimson's "Prelude:  Song of the Gulls."



ARRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!  I did say that Blogger is driving me nuts?  Well, now it won't let me change the justification of the text ...

THANKS for visiting today ...


Here is the Call to Action ...
There are 5 things you can do to earn a free gift (probably a selection of Color-Your-Own SuseDoodle postcards from a forthcoming collection to be released soon! WOO HOO!)  All five  Call to Action options can be found here -- two can be  answered in the Comments Section here or via the InLinkz section at the end of the post ... I wanted to set the closing date as May 7 but InLinkz would not let  me run a link list for that long ... so the deadline is May 1 ...


No comments:

Post a Comment