Thursday, April 21, 2016

R is for ...



(Up until now, the "title" art has been from Pixabay.com.  However, the artist whose work I have been highlighting has not provided a graphic in this series for every letter of the alphabet ... (wah) ... but ... I'll explain a little further down about how this came about, but I ended up creating my own "a la the style of" graphics for a few of the letters in the alphabet yet to come ... including this one ...)


Thanks to brownielocks.com/april.html once again, here is the list for
Today is ...
*Bulldogs are Beautiful Day
*National Chocolate-Covered Cashews Day


Today's Baker's Dozen Plus ...


  1. ramble
  2. rabble
  3. robe
  4. robin
  5. radical
  6. random
  7. radius
  8. rose
  9. rat
  10. ran
  11. rattan
  12. rather
  13. rust
  14. rustic
  15. ribbon
  16. roost
  17. roust
  18. rebel
  19. red
  20. rouge
  21. rum
The "Explanation"


Okay, the "explanation" of today's title art.  If you were brave enough to read the entire "N" post, you may have noticed I said I had begun to take art courses at the community college because I thought I wanted to be able to, at least, make a simple sketch of what I wanted the illustrations to be like in children's books I might write.  Well, I "can" draw but not to the point where I can actually draw the same character twice ... though, in truth I had thought I would just do a very basic sketch that a "real" illustrator could work from ...
Well ...
Since then I have watched a free webinar (it was, like all "free" webinars, a long advertisement for a course someone is offering).  But in the webinar enough useful information was given that, while I must admit to the "utter sinfulness of lusting after" the entire set of courses he was offering, I can get to work on my own illustrations right away!  Hence, today's "R" illustration and a few more to come ... WOO HOO!
I'm havin' fun!




Well, I got a big surprise.  I thought I knew what a rumba is -- but not one I watched at YouTube was what I thought I was looking for ... hmmm ... Here, I thought it was a Latin dance with a beat and as flamboyant as a tango  (or showy or ... but not so "melodic" more of a beat to it ...) ...
So ... now I need to reorient my thinking and find something else ...
 
Gotta find one more (at least) but between Foggy Brain and a YouTube that is being very unhelpful when I type in the search box -- I am getting really really frustrated ...

Gave up on YouTube

I don't know if the "paste" I am going to try here will work or not -- but here goes --
Oh, what am I pasting?  From my public library consortium's site, they utilize the Novelist info to show all the books in a series and then go on to suggest "you may also like these books" (or series or other authors) ...
COOL!  It worked but now to remove all the "links" -- oh, maybe not -- you probably won't be able to order a copy to arrive at your library from my libe but it will take you to a page describing the book ... This series by Ron Roy is really good (I've listened to quite s few of them in eAudio format) and is appropriate to share as it is an "A-to-Z" series of mysteries ... Lots of fun ...

Well, it only looks like it works -- everything fits here in the compose box very well, but when I preview the post -- it all spills out into the sidebar ... so ... no links just covers ... :-D
Okay, now we have just the covers in 3 columns instead of the original 4 columns ...

Books in This Series  
A to Z mysteries. Main series



Back to YouTube ...
While looking for something for "S," I found this ... and WOW!
And this next one is long-ish but WOW!  WOW!  It shows how one of the items in the above video was made ... well, maybe not the above as the artists' names are different but the items are very similar ...



Call to Action ...

There are 5 things you can do to earn a free gift (probably a selection of Color-Your-Own SuseDoodle postcards from a forthcoming collection to be released soon! WOO HOO!)  All five  Call to Action options can be found here -- two can be  answered in the Comments Section here or via the InLinkz section at the end of the post ... I wanted to set the closing date as May 7 but InLinkz would not let  me run a link list for that long ... so the deadline is May 1 ...


No comments:

Post a Comment